Saturday, January 7, 2012

WILL

I'm writing from Vancouver now. I'll try to remember the last two days.

Olympia was cool. We all love that city a lot, I think, but I can say that I'm fairly intimidated by it. It's pretty cool. I went to the post office and to run some errands in town with Bobby and Hugo. It was really cool to walk around and ask for directions. People weren't that nice but still.

Went to Quality Burrito and I had some guacamole. Not really feeling that place any more to be honest. I have a fond memory of going to that diner across the street but I guess they had another fire or something. Kevin picked us up, then they went to get a coat from the thrift store and I waited in the car and read a little bit. They went to the guitar store too cos Kev broke a string during our first song in Davis.

Went back to Neil and Nick's house and sat in the kitchen with everyone and talked shit for a while. Travis played me the new Naomi Punk song on his iPod, it's excellent. Nick showed us a drawing he did called "The Void". Oh yeah - four of us tried to take a nap in their roommate Jaden's bed, which is the most massive and comfortable bed I've ever experienced. We could have slept the entire band plus friends in that thing with room to spare. Apparently when I jumped headfirst into it Bobby couldn't even feel anything on his side of the bed. Only thing is that Neil had told us that Jaden wasn't coming home that night, but he did, in the middle of the band nap. Fortunately I avoided that awkward situation because I was too excited to sleep - I was in the shower when he came in. Sounds like Bobby might have cursed him out in his slumber...

Anyway we went to the house where we were playing in West Bay around 8 to start thinking about setting up and stuff. I think there was a mix-up because the people living there seemed to have no idea there was a show happening that night. But they let us do it anyway. I was a little worried that no one was going to show up but they did around 9:30 or so.

Naomi Punk played first. Best I have ever seen them. They played some songs from their new record and they absolutely murdered all of us. Never a good idea to play after your favorite band!!! I felt really weird during and after our set because NP literally just fucked with my head for 30 minutes... haha

Dana Jewell was great too. I heard Dana talking about one of the guys in his band who spends his days at the library and two bars in Olympia and that's the only way they can get ahold of him to have band practice. Pretty funny. There were some members of Pleasure Beauties and The Family Stoned in his band so I did recognize some faces there.

After we played I sat in the van by myself for a few minutes and I guess Paul had the same idea cos he came out and sat in there too for a while and we talked about touring and playing shows with really good bands.

Went back to the house and I fell asleep first like usual. Woke up before anyone else and decided to go for a run in Olympia. Ran all through downtown and up to the capitol building and everywhere else I felt like, probably went for about five or six miles. Felt really good and my outlook was better - found myself feeling pretty bummed after our show for some reason. Got back to the house and showered - Paul was the only one who was awake. I ate the rest of my baguette and brie - with my own plasticware I might add - Glad I had that in the van!

Eventually we decided we had dicked around long enough and that we should go to Seattle. Oh yeah - I forgot to say their other roommate was gone to Seattle for the night so we slept in his room. Anyway there were some acoustic guitars in there and Paul and I woke everyone up with some camp songs. I guess Neil and his girlfriend heard us too cos they were waking up too.

Went to get some coffee and then we got the rock outta there. I'll write about Seattle later!

No comments:

Post a Comment